kVA is a technical and management consulting group, focused on automotive functional safety, ISO 26262 and autonomous driving safety. kVA provides technical consulting, audit & review services, and training to various industries including automotive, semiconductor and industrial equipment. We get the job done for our clients where safety is non-negotiable.
At kVA we provide big-company stability in a small-company entrepreneurial environment. We are leaders in our growing and dynamic industry. To grow, we need great employees, employees who are willing to work hard, innovate, and make a difference. Join our exciting company and help kVA develop the next generation of safe automotive systems.
kVA is seeking a Functional Safety Engineer to become an integral part of our growing team. This position consults with kVA's clients to develop verified safe products, using leading-edge technologies and the best available safety approaches by assuring the safety of complex systems, in automotive applications ranging from autonomous vehicles to multi-core microprocessors to electric vehicle powertrains. kVA's experts are sought after by automotive experts worldwide as they develop advanced safety-relevant systems.
In this role, you will contribute to the safe engineering development of safety-related automotive electronic systems. This employee must be intelligent, self-motivated and driven to succeed.
Roles and Responsibilities
• development of functional and technical safety concepts to achieve and maintain safety of automotive systems per ISO 26262 requirements;
• qualitative and quantitative analysis, using methods such as FMEA, FMEDA, FTA, and alternate safety analysis approaches;
• requirements elicitation and test case development for safety-critical assurance processes;
• implementation of safety management programs in product development settings;
• design, development, integration, and test support at major OEM and supplier sites.
• Minimal qualifications for this position are either
a. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field plus one year of relevant experience;
b. A master’s degree in a relevant technical field
• The preferred candidate will have a degree in the field of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
• kVA values a wide variety of technical experience, which may be in the field of electronic hardware, software, or systems engineering, or a combination of all these.
• Relevant experience may include the development of engineering software and tools for embedded control environments, including Matlab, Simulink, dSpace, LabView, HIL/SIL test environments, C code development, MISRA and other coding guidelines, and related tools and methods.
• Ideally the candidate will have already achieved ISO 26262 certification.
Working at kVA
kVA offers a world-class working environment for motivated professionals. Along with competitive compensation, kVA offers meaningful employee-friendly policies including
• flexible work locations including work-from-home flexibility on a regular basis, as well as a great office location in the heart of downtown Royal Oak, MI
• paid vacation and holidays
• full suite of competitive benefits for you and your family, including comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
• company-paid life insurance
• retirement plan with company contributions
• long-term employee development programs including funded job training and sabbatical programs
• annual performance-based incentive pay
• managers who are supportive while providing you room to develop and achieve your goals.
• room for growth in an exciting, growing company.
kVA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For more information about our company, please visit our website www.kvausa.com
Given the high demand for this position, we’re only able to contact the most qualified candidates.