kVA is seeking a Functional Safety Engineer to become an integral part of our growing team. This position consults with kVA's clients to develop verified safe products, using leading-edge technologies and the best available safety approaches by assuring the safety of complex systems, in automotive applications ranging from autonomous vehicles to multi-core microprocessors to electric vehicle powertrains. kVA's experts are sought after by automotive experts worldwide as they develop advanced safety-relevant systems.
In this role, you will contribute to the safe engineering development of safety-related automotive electronic systems. This employee must be intelligent, self-motivated and driven to succeed.
Specific duties vary from project to project, but are likely to include:
• development of functional and technical safety concepts to achieve and maintain safety of automotive systems per ISO 26262 requirements;
• qualitative and quantitative analysis, using methods such as FMEA, FMEDA, FTA, and alternate safety analysis approaches;
• requirements elicitation and test case development for safety-critical assurance processes;
• implementation of safety management programs in product development settings;
• design, development, integration, and test support at major OEM and supplier sites.
• Minimal qualifications for this position are either
a. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field plus one year of relevant experience;
b. A master’s degree in a relevant technical field
• The preferred candidate will have a degree in the field of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
• kVA values a wide variety of technical experience, which may be in the field of electronic hardware, software, or systems engineering, or a combination of all these.
• Relevant experience may include the development of engineering software and tools for embedded control environments, including Matlab, Simulink, dSpace, LabView, HIL/SIL test environments, C code development, MISRA and other coding guidelines, and related tools and methods.
• Ideally the candidate will have already achieved ISO 26262 certification.
Working at kVA
kVA offers a world-class working environment for motivated professionals. Along with competitive compensation, kVA offers meaningful employee-friendly policies including
• flexible work locations including work-from-home flexibility on a regular basis, as well as a great office location in the heart of downtown Royal Oak, MI
• paid vacation and holidays
• full suite of competitive benefits for you and your family, including comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
• company-paid life insurance
• retirement plan with company contributions
• long-term employee development programs including funded job training and sabbatical programs
• annual performance-based incentive pay
• managers who are supportive while providing you room to develop and achieve your goals.
• room for growth in an exciting, growing company.