kVA is seeking a Senior Engineer to become an integral part of our growing team. This employee will help to assure the safety of complex systems, in applications ranging from autonomous vehicles to multi-core microprocessors to electric vehicle powertrains. kVA's experts are sought after by automotive experts worldwide as they develop advanced safety-relevant systems. The senior engineer will work with kVA's semiconductor clients to develop verified safe products, using leading-edge technologies and the best available safety approaches.
In this role, you will work directly with clients to execute safe engineering processes for development of automotive electronic systems. This employee must be intelligent, self-motivated and driven to succeed.
Specific duties vary from case to case, but are likely to include:
• development of safety requirements at the integrated circuit level to achieve and maintain safety of automotive systems per ISO 26262 requirements;
• qualitative and quantitative analysis at the integrated circuit level, using methods such as FMEA, FMEDA, FTA, qualitative and quantitative fault design tree analysis (DTA), and alternate safety analysis approaches;
• test case development for safety-critical assurance processes;
• implementation of safety management programs in product development settings;
• design, development, integration, and test support at major OEM and supplier sites.
• The minimal qualifications for this position are a bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field plus at least five (5) years of relevant experience.
• The preferred candidate will have a degree in the field of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field. A master’s degree is preferred but not required.
• Ability to communicate and work closely with major clients to develop and assure safety-critical electronic and semiconductor products.
• The preferred candidate will have experience designing integrated circuits for functional safety compliance and performing chip level safety analysis.
• Experience with RTL design tools and languages such as Verilog, VHDL, Synopsys, Cadence, or similar.
• Experience with software and tools for embedded control environments, including Matlab, Simulink, dSpace, LabView, HIL/SIL test environments, C code development, MISRA and other coding guidelines, and related tools and methods.
• Ideally the candidate will have already achieved ISO 26262 certification.
Working at kVA
kVA offers a world-class working environment for motivated professionals. Along with competitive compensation, kVA offers meaningful employee-friendly policies including
• flexible work locations including work-from-home flexibility on a regular basis, as well as a great office location in the heart of downtown Royal Oak, MI
• paid vacation and holidays
• full suite of competitive benefits for you and your family, including comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
• company-paid life insurance
• retirement plan with company contributions
• long-term employee development programs including funded job training and sabbatical programs
• annual performance-based incentive pay
• managers who are supportive while providing you room to develop and achieve your goals.
• room for growth in an exciting, growing company.