kVA is seeking a Military Senior Systems Safety Engineer to become an integral part of our growing team. This employee will help to assure the safety of complex systems, in applications ranging from autonomous vehicles to multi-core microprocessors to electric vehicle powertrains. kVA's experts are sought after by military experts worldwide as they develop advanced safety-relevant systems. The senior engineer will work directly with kVA's clients to develop verified safe products, using leading-edge technologies and the best available safety approaches.
In this role, you will lead projects with kVA’s clients to execute safe engineering processes for development of military electronic systems. This employee must be intelligent, self-motivated and driven to succeed.
Specific duties vary from project to project, but are likely to include:
- Development of functional and technical safety concepts to achieve and maintain safety of automotive systems per ISO 26262 and/or MIL-STD 882 requirements;
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis, using methods such as FMEA, FMEDA, FTA, and alternate safety analysis approaches;
- Requirements elicitation and test case development for safety-critical assurance processes;
- Implementation of safety management programs in product development settings;
- Design, development, integration, and test support at major OEM and supplier sites.
Skills and Qualifications
- The minimal qualifications for this position are a bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field plus at least five (5) years of relevant experience.
- The preferred candidate will have a degree in the field of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field. A master’s degree is preferred but not required.
- kVA values a wide variety of technical experience, which may be in the field of electronic hardware, software, or systems engineering, or a combination of all these.
- Relevant experience may include the development of engineering software and tools for embedded control environments, including SysML, Matlab, Simulink, medina analyze, LabView, HIL/SIL test environments, C code development, MISRA and other coding guidelines, and related tools and methods.
- Ideally the candidate will have already achieved ISO 26262 and/or MIL-STD 882 certification
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results as needed; prioritize activities for the best interest of the team when working on joint projects.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in US on a permanent basis and Visa Sponsorship not available for this position
Working at kVA
kVA offers a world-class working environment for motivated professionals. Along with competitive compensation, kVA offers meaningful employee-friendly policies including
- Flexible work locations including work-from-home flexibility on a regular basis, as well as a great office location in Portland, OR.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Full suite of competitive benefits for you and your family, including comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
- Retirement plan with company contributions
- Long-term employee development programs including funded job training and sabbatical programs
- Annual performance-based incentive pay
- Managers who are supportive while providing you room to develop and achieve your goals.
- Room for growth in an exciting, growing company.
kVA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Given the high demand for this position, we’re only able to contact the most qualified candidates.
For more information about our company, please visit our website www.kvausa.com